PLC Data Collection

I had a client when I worked for techWorks that is an industrial bakery. Mmmmm, the smell of butter spindles still makes my mouth water....wait, I digress. Again.

They had purchased a disposal system that would weigh and dump their bad batches of goods, or poor mixes, etc. While it conformed to EPA standards, they also needed and wanted a method of determining what production line the waste came from, when it was dumped, what shift generated it, etc.

I found a good example of PLC data extraction through DDE and Excel riding on RSLinxs' back for communication, so hacked up what Chris Elston originally wrote. This version keeps backups of itself on a daily basis, grabs PLC data upon each dump and updates the spreadsheet automagically.

Here is my hacked up version of a very good example provided by Chris Elston. Feel free to download it and view the VBA.

Read this doc on Scribd: ENDRES
LOG ACTIVE TYPE READ DATA ROOM LINE RESULT OF WEIGHT DATE/TIME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPI Search Redundancy

freeFTPD

Using ImageMagick and Tesseract to sort TIFFs on Windows