- 8 years of cross-platform experience in systems administration including analyzing, designing, installing, maintaining, and repairing hardware, software, peripherals and networks.
- Superior troubleshooting and technical support abilities with migrations, network connectivity, and security and database applications.
- Develop exceptional relationships with co-workers, management and end users.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
|Network Administration Server Design Internet / Intranet Configuration Hardware / Software Maintenance Security Testing / Patching Backup Solution Processing Technical / User Support VBA Solution Provider||Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP Clients Windows NT, 2000, 2003 Server Apple OS 9, OS X Linux Redhat, Debian, Gentoo, SuSE, Mandrake, Slackware, FreeBSD Cisco IOS|
|Cost Containment & Budgeting Process Documentation Client / Vendor Relationship Management Research & Analysis Project Management Training & Instruction||MS Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003 Symantec Enterprise AV Suites Trend Micro AV Suites GFI Mail Essentials, GFI Mail Security GFI LanGuard GFI FaxMaker Veritas Backup Exec MS Office Adobe Photoshop, GoLive, Acrobat Macromedia Dreamweaver Quark Express WSH, Kixtart, Batch, Bash Scripting VBA, VB PHP, HTML, ASP|
Integrated Healthcare Business Solutions, Inc - Franklin, WI
A Physician billing and management information company.
Information Technology Manager April 2007 - Present
- Manage client/server environment.
- Act as technology liaison to client base.
- Research and implement new technologies as needed.
- Plan, implement and enforce compliance policies.
- Analyze internal processes, leverage technology to improve, streamline and shorten.
- Aid sales in utilizing technology in marketing, i.e. email, website, adsense.
- Migrated Windows 2000 AD to 2003 AD environment.
- Migrated MS SQL database and document imaging application to new server.
- Migrated data to new SAN solution.
- Cisco ASA 5510 Security implementation.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Terminal Server implementation.
- Open Source Helpdesk, server/network monitoring solution based on the Debian distribution.
- GFI Faxmaker implementation.
- Provide custom MySQL/PHP compliance reporting web application.
- Migrate Coldfusion website solution to DotNetNuke ASP solution.
- Implement Joomla CMS solution for client (achm.org).
Full service computer consulting firm for small-to-medium businesses, specializing in virtual support and monitoring services.
Senior Field Engineer March 2004 - April 2007
Heavy equipment undercarriage distributor Waukesha, WI
Build and configure a Linux Mail Gateway on a Compaq Proliant ML350 to filter mail for an Exchange 5.5 server hosting multiple domains.
Novelty promotions company Milwaukee, WI
Build and configure a headless (no keyboard, mouse, or monitor) Linux PC to automate the copying of images from flash cards to a programmatically formatted CD. Prompts are generated by a text to speech package, notifying the user of a completed unit.
Manufacturer of private-label baked custom snacks Franklin, WI
- Provide increased level of support for technology needs during IT managers absence.
- Audited licensing and hardware.
- Make recommendations and implement workstation upgrades company-wide.
- Upgrade hardware components on Dell Poweredge 1600SC / 2500SC.
- Recommended money saving telephone service adjustments.
- Provided Difinity/Audix phone system support.
Internal Network Administrator
Maintenance, administration, and build of a multi-server environment consisting of the following servers:
- MS File/Print/Terminal Services 2000 - Gateway 980
- MS SQL 2000 - Dell PowerEdge 2650
- MS Exchange 2003 - Dell PowerEdge 1600SC
- MS 2003 DC - Dell PowerEdge 2450
- MS ISA 2004 - Dell PowerEdge 2450
- MS 2000 TeleVantage
- MS 2000 Monitoring - Compaq Proliant 1850R
- Debian Postfix Mail
- Slackware Postfix/Spamassassin Mail Filter
- FreeBSD VNC Server
- SuSE Squid/Dansguardian Proxy Filter
- Build and configure SuSE firewall/content filter.
- Build and configure FreeBSD VNC Server – Used in providing remote assistance.
- Build and configure Windows 2000 development server; MS SQL, VB SourceSafe, VB 6/.NET
- Assisted in migrating from Exchange 2000 to 2003.
- Implemented processes and procedures for conducting network security audits for clients.
Racine Art Museum Association - Racine, WI
Consisting of two museums, the Racine Art Museum and the Wustum Museum, the former was erected early 2003. The association holds the fourth most important craft art collection in the United States.
Technology Operations Manager May 2001 - March 2004
- Maintain a heterogeneous 2 site environment consisting of:
Site 1: Three Servers/25 Clients
- Debian firewall/content filter on DEC Alpha 4/2100.
- Redhat server providing Intranet, Web, eCommerce, Mailman services.
- Exchange 2000
Site 2: Two Servers/5 Clients
- Gentoo firewall/content filter.
- MS NT4 BackOffice Server on an HP LC2000 Net Server
- VBA Application development. Now an Open Source project hosted on Sourceforge.net.
- Project management.
- PBX Support.
- ECommerce implementation using OSCommerce.
Rode’s Camera and Photo Supplies - Kenosha, WI
Sales Manager 1993 - 2001
Supplier of photographic supplies to professional photographers and photographic studios.
- Visual Basic application development.
- Systems / Network administrator.
- Website administrator.
- Customer relations management.
Sales Manager 1987 - 1993
Supplier of photographic supplies to professional and amateur photographers.
- Equipment sales.
- Personnel management.
Manpower / SC Johnson Wax - Racine, WI
Fork Lift Operator 1984 - 1987
United States Army 1980 - 1984
Fire Direction Specialist
Additional Professional Activities
- Professional Photographer 1987 - Present
- Independent IT Consultant - 2006 - Present
- Management Information Systems, BS
- Expected Graduation 2012
- Management Information Systems, Associate
- Motorcycle enthusiast
- Home computing
- Active member of Lord of Life Lutheran Church
- INNS volunteer, helping the homeless
- Jack Taugher, VP/Business Owner, 262.391.3946
- Patrick Dolan, IT Manager, 414.640.9058
- John Smithyman, Business Owner, 414.529.7892
- Amy Roebuck, Application Consultant, 508.944.6522
- Jennifer Arnold, Reverend, 262.656.1995