Windows Search; the honeymoon is over

Well, after my short test of Windows Search, I've come to this conclusion; Not ready for prime-time. My expectation was that it Should Just Work (tm).

I really think they tried to come up with a good search tool, but this doesn't come close to the polished utility I expected.

It seems to have issues with resetting to default index locations periodically, not providing an uninstallation method, rebooting without an option to delay it when installing, etc. etc.

Just check the forums here: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=127&SiteID=1

I'm moving on to have a look at Locate32.net, an application not unlike updatedb in the unix world.

I should have stuck with this one to begin with, since I AM a Linux snob.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPI Search Redundancy

freeFTPD

Using ImageMagick and Tesseract to sort TIFFs on Windows