Ubuntu AMR Codec

What a PITA. I have a cool smart phone that takes video, and can't get audio to work in Ubuntu, since Intrepid and Jaunty don't appear to come with AMR codecs compiled in ffmpeg, or gstreamer.

Now, you can try to compile your codecs from source, and I've certainly done this sort of thing before; I can build my own kernel (In the days BEFORE xconfig), run Slackware/Gentoo, etc. This just didn't work for me.

BUT, there is an easy solution.

YOUTUBE.COM

Image representing YouTube as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase

That's right. Upload your video to YouTube, wait for it to process, and download the resulting MP4 from the My Videos area of the control panel. Presto, you've got your audio converted to something usable in short order.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPI Search Redundancy

freeFTPD

Using ImageMagick and Tesseract to sort TIFFs on Windows