Two days later she opened a helpdesk ticket indicating one of our claims aware applications denied her access to it's resources.
After enabling ADFS debug logging, I discovered that the server was still referencing her old user name.
After a few minutes of Googling, I found this article that points to a MS KB article outlining the use of LSA caching user SID's, creating my problem.
A quick Powershell script keeps this from happening again after creating the registry key noted in the KB article:
$RegKey="HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" Set-ItemProperty -path $RegKey -name LsaLookupCacheMaxSize -value 0 Set-ItemProperty -path $RegKey -name LsaLookupCacheMaxSize -value 128